Winsford Wargaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winsford Wargaming

The Winsford Wargaming Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1500 points of Daemon vs Tau

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Number of posts : 140
Race: : Human
Creature: : TF2 Medic
Army 40K: : Chaos Daemons
Army Fantasy: : Dark elves
D&D character: : Sathoon- Human cleric of St. Cuthbert
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Cryx
Legion of Everblight
Registration date : 2009-05-20

1500 points of Daemon vs Tau Empty
PostSubject: 1500 points of Daemon vs Tau   1500 points of Daemon vs Tau Empty26/5/2009, 3:22 pm

Well i see there's no 40k bat reps so i might as well fill the void and make it look just that little more fufilled afro

1500 of Daemons (me) Vs 1500 of Tau, don't ask me the exacts of wargear cuz i can't remember what the Tau were packing buuuut i think it was along the lines of

Daemons:
Lord of Change
Herald of Khorne- Juggernaut + Unholy might
The Masque
(heralds only count as half a HQ choice so thats how i have 3 HQ, i could technically have 4 HQ if i went all heralds tongue )

3 flamers of Tzeentch

10 Bloodletters of Khorne with Chaos Icon
9 Daemonettes with Chaos icon
10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch

3 Screamers of Tzeentch

Teh Soul Grinder with a phlegm (battle cannon knock-off) upgrade
A daemon prince- Daemonic flight, iron hide, Mark of Nurgle, Cloud of flies, Noxious touch

Tau:
Commander O'shova
(can't remember if there were anymore HQ, battlesuits with lots of different weapon configurations make distinguishing commanders in powered suits of Japanese-inspired lolage so hard)

3 Crisis suits with Shas'ui - shield generators, tracking links, plasma rifles, flame thrower, burst cannon, missile pods, fusion blasters etc
3 Crisis suits with Shas'ui (again)
5 XV... (bugger XVs actually) Stealth suit Shas'uis 3 burst cannons and 2 fusion blasters

12 Firewarriors
12 Firewarriors (i think)
5 Pathfinders (are these guys troops or fast attack??)

Devilfish
Hammerhead - railgun

have i missed anything for Tau? Amendments on a postcard to me next week please pirat

Mission: Annihilation
Table Quarters

Last edited by sath on 26/5/2009, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: the crux of the report   1500 points of Daemon vs Tau Empty26/5/2009, 4:48 pm

Tau player who's name i can never remember went first (for the purpose of this bat rep we shall call him Chuck)

and sorta shuffled forward a bit here and there (i realise mentioning EVERY LITTLE detail is going to take so much time and work i'm gonna try and be general here, hence why they 'shuffled forward' not marched in formation going 'hut hut hut' with the hammerhead with its anti-grav engines roaring flying to the side out of harms way whilst the gunner with a cheery grin on his face and a glint in his eye, trained the railgun at the Space marines' Indian Tepee (you get what i'm on about now?))

Turn 1
DAEMONIC ASSAULT
the gods lieked me and so let me deploy my shooty daemon brood of doomy doom which comprised of the Horrors, the grinder, The Masque, the screamers, the daemonettes and the Flamers...
But the scatter dice this week did NOT like me so much, the flamers scattered 8 inches backwards after trying to drop in front of the firewarriors (god awful pun alert but necessary) to teach them not to play with fire they still had warpfire range as a consolation though
the Grinder scattered right off the board after trying to do a teleporting splinter cell on the hammerhead
deep strike mishap let Chuck deploy him on a building which sadly is dangerous for deep strikers and you'll never guess what he rolled to see if he got immobilised.... yes.... 1.... IMMOBILISED for first time, on first turn and can't even shoot or hit anything due to the angle he was propped at Crying or Very sad

the screamers tried to compensate for the grinder's failure by striking behind a small barricade and almost scattered into some terrain- otherwise okay
the daemonettes fell off the board and they were delayed by a mishap roll
The horrors on the other hand almost hit a Space marine Tepee but was otherwise still in range to unload fiery fire of Pink horror fire

Shooting:
the pink horrors were next to a squad of firewarriors whom they thoroughly enjoyed killing 11 of them with their S4 AP4 assault 3 roflness
the flamers tried the other squad and killed off 3-4 warriors
The masque was just able to make the lone shas'ui and the other firewarriors dance a little forward by about 3 inches oh and the stealth suits moved backwards by about 4 inches away from the horrors slightly

Turn 2: (this is where it gets hazy already)
movement
the devilfish moved forward, a squad of crisis suits went after the screamers yadda yadda yadda

shooting
the hammerhead used a S6 pie plate on the horrors and wonderfully scattered so way off only 2 horrors were hit to which it failed to do anything to their 4+ invulnerable saves. The Pathfinders THEN attempted to markerlight them and scored 1 light but
poor rolling for the path finders and devilfish only took 1 horror out between the shooting storm and carbines, the fire warrior squad who actually had members fired at the flamers and was much more successful, decking all 3 flamers in round of shooting
The stealth suits fired at the horrors with burst cannon/fusion death and only took 1 down thanks to Horrors being an absolute bloody pain technically having 2 wounds each.
the battle suits used plasma rifles, missiles and burst cannons to attack the screamers but didn't actually do much hitting but were able to cap 1 of the screamers

No assault but the crisis team jigged around a bit

Turn 3:
Does the Lord of Change come on? Yes but he scatters to the side a little in striking distance of the fire warriors and Devil fish
Do the Daemonettes come on? No
Do the blood letters + herald come on? yes, they scattered into terrain and 3 died instantly in a horrific teleporting accident near the hammerhead
Does the Daemon prince come on? yes but he scatters from behind Commander O'shova and his retinue to behind the fire warriors down the Tau battle line but otherwise okay

Movement: the horrors leap behind the tepee next to the table edge
The screamers race over the hill and barricades and land next to the hammerhead (whom only moved 3" but decided for them to hit on 4+ anyway)
The grinder was very upset that he couldn't move or see anything to shoot or turn for that matter

shooting: the Lord of change hurled a Bolt of tzeentch at the devilfish but it didn't even glance it
The horrors despite being almost point blank still took a test to see if they could see the stealth suits (and obviously could indeed see) tried to wipe out the squad in a firestorm but the +3 armour save prevailed and only 1 suit died in the storm

the blood letters decided to run a bit and got closer to getting out of the damn hill since i forgot to move them in movement phase

assault: the screamers were very eager to get aquainted with the hammerhead and some dice rolls later the melta bomb jaws wrecked the hammerhead (yay, the screamers didn't blow themselves up in a vehicle explodes! Result)

Turn 4:
movement:
The stealth suits moved in the direction of the horrors to assault, a squad of crisis suits went after the screamers... Writing bat reps detail for detail of what happened and when for this size of game is bloody hard, i can already feel discrepencies in the force!!

shooting: stealth suits on horrors, only took 1 wound
devilfish tried to shoot and wound but failed
the pathfinders markered the daemon prince twice and absolutely mowed him down with a withering hail of firewarrior fire and path finder pulse carbine ala devil fish with added o'shova + retinue

assault: the crisis team hunting the screamers plowed into them and a very brief tussle ocurred with the suits taking a wound and killing both screamers (darn)
the stealth suits denied the horrors anymore shooting by locking them in combat wherin a very long battle ensued with 2 squads which are both rubbish at close combat stand there slapping each other in a rather kiddy way, the suits won by 1 this turn after losing 2 but doing 3 wounds

Turn 5:
do the Daemonettes finally come on? Yes and Khorne's chaos icon lets them not scatter (because it would of been catastrophic if they had to) if within 6" of it (yay)

movement:
The lord of change in a bold move catapaulted himself towards the enemy line
(forgot to move the Masque and letters.... AGAIN)

shooting: i know the LOC shot at SOMETHING, i just can't remember what

can't remember if the masque danced any (this is getting annoyingly difficult to remember)

assault:
the horrors and stealth suits whirled around more, me taking another suit down but 2 wounds on the horrors, and another from losing the combat

Turn 6:
(oh screw this, this is getting me all frustrated because i keep finding (or thinking there is) things wrong with what i've wrote 2 turns ago, so here's what i definately remember)
the letters getting flamed and burnt with plasma, reduced to 2 letters and the herald whom in my next turn charged the bejeezus out of them, pancaking 2 suits and the 3rd retreated

the lord of change soon charged into combat after fruitlessly trying to shoot to kill o'shova at point blank wherein that combat was soon won by virtue of the LOC's Greater daemon status giving him T6 and Tzeentch blessing him with a 3+ invulnerable save

fast forwarding, the stealth suits eventually beat down all the horrors and gunned The Masque into oblivion, the daemonettes finished off the fire warriors after being brutally fired on in a previous turn, the blood letters caught up with the run away suit and pan caked him before that
then going on to make a wildlife style documentary appropiately titled 'flattening the path finders'

meanwhile the lord of change was invincible against the close combat Tau and just as the letters and herald joined that fray o'shova was killed by the Lord of change

the lone daemonette was mercilessly terminated before that though by an angry shas'ui who lost his entire squad at the start of the game in 1 round of shooting

and while all this is happening the Soul Grinder is dangling by his legs off a balcony which due to the shape of the bulding preventing him from doing anything the entire game

Most useless daemon: The Soul Grinder (lol wtf????) for not deploying his terrifying firepower on the Tau and instead dangling helplessly from a building being unable to move or shoot so much as a butterfly for the entire freaking game
MVP daemon: Lord of Change for single-handedly topping a close combat special character when the lord himself isn't a close combat oriented type of greater daemon whilst only getting wounded once in the entire game

Most useless Tau unit: probably the Hammerhead because the dice gods fixed the scatter on its rail gun so that it caused minimal carnage rather than max uber omgwtfbbq carnage on the horrors
MVP Tau unit: Either the path finders for their market lights or the stealth suits for stopping the horrors from being an even greater pain in the arse and going on to kill The Masque as well) whilst surviving the game

Special rewards:
Most violent- the Herald of Khorne on his Juggernaut
Insane heroism- the lone Fire warrior Shas'ui who lost his entire squad in 1 turn of shooting
Attention getters- Path finders
Most allergic to being shot- The daemonettes
Blue Bananas in Pink Pajamas- The horrors
Unbreakable- The horrors
didn't blow themselves up whilst destroying a tank- the screamers
twin-linked fool!- Commander O'shova

End Result: DRAW
[edit]
forgot to mention my GOD-LIKE luck with the scatter dice, the little arrowed bugger taking out a soul grinder, 3 blood letters and almost having a go at the horrors, screamers, almost hurting the daemonettes and almost the Lord of change, the Daemon prince came dangerously close to falling off the board as well but it let him stay on with a comparitively minor 12" scatter down the Tau battle line; worse than that time When the gods chose my 'other half of the daemon army' and that was obliterated in its entirety in 1 round of shooting by Eldar, because in that fight the grinder was able to get to work a turn later and turn things around, buuuut thats beside the point Smile
Back to top Go down
coolJNM
Corporal
coolJNM

Male
Number of posts : 23
Race: : human
Creature: : tau
Army 40K: : mainly taus
Army Fantasy: : i dont collect warhammer fantsy but i do have the first edishon rule book for it
D&D character: : do noy know wat the hell this means
Warmachine/Hordes Army : i never heard of it but it looks cool
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: 1500 points of Daemon vs Tau   1500 points of Daemon vs Tau Empty29/8/2009, 4:01 am

sath wrote:
Well i see there's no 40k bat reps so i might as well fill the void and make it look just that little more fufilled afro

1500 of Daemons (me) Vs 1500 of Tau, don't ask me the exacts of wargear cuz i can't remember what the Tau were packing buuuut i think it was along the lines of

Daemons:
Lord of Change
Herald of Khorne- Juggernaut + Unholy might
The Masque
(heralds only count as half a HQ choice so thats how i have 3 HQ, i could technically have 4 HQ if i went all heralds tongue )

3 flamers of Tzeentch

10 Bloodletters of Khorne with Chaos Icon
9 Daemonettes with Chaos icon
10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch

3 Screamers of Tzeentch

Teh Soul Grinder with a phlegm (battle cannon knock-off) upgrade
A daemon prince- Daemonic flight, iron hide, Mark of Nurgle, Cloud of flies, Noxious touch

Tau:
Commander O'shova
(can't remember if there were anymore HQ, battlesuits with lots of different weapon configurations make distinguishing commanders in powered suits of Japanese-inspired lolage so hard)

3 Crisis suits with Shas'ui - shield generators, tracking links, plasma rifles, flame thrower, burst cannon, missile pods, fusion blasters etc
3 Crisis suits with Shas'ui (again)
5 XV... (bugger XVs actually) Stealth suit Shas'uis 3 burst cannons and 2 fusion blasters

12 Firewarriors
12 Firewarriors (i think)
5 Pathfinders (are these guys troops or fast attack??)

Devilfish
Hammerhead - railgun

have i missed anything for Tau? Amendments on a postcard to me next week please pirat

Mission: Annihilation
Table Quarters

wait arnt juggernauts in warmachine no 40k
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: 1500 points of Daemon vs Tau   1500 points of Daemon vs Tau Empty29/8/2009, 5:12 pm

coolJNM wrote:

wait arnt juggernauts in warmachine no 40k

Yes, Juggernauts of Khador, but there's a daemonic bull thats part machine/part daemon that serves as mounts for the favoured champions of Khorne in 40k too bounce
Back to top Go down
Neal Orange peel
Purveyor off all things blue
Neal Orange peel

Number of posts : 249
Creature: : centaur
Army 40K: : dark eldar + imperial guard
Army Fantasy: : vampire counts
D&D character: : Barbarian - REGDAR
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Menoth
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: 1500 points of Daemon vs Tau   1500 points of Daemon vs Tau Empty31/8/2009, 8:24 am

Thats another great report Sath, really enjoyed the Soulgrinder landing on terrain and not being able to shoot at even the butterflies. Maybe he should have the indirect fire upgrade?
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: 1500 points of Daemon vs Tau   1500 points of Daemon vs Tau Empty31/8/2009, 8:27 am

nah, Grinders can't take indirect fire since the battlecannon knock-off weapon is an upgrade to begin with :S
(its also the same bat rep Razz )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 points of Daemon vs Tau   1500 points of Daemon vs Tau Empty

Back to top Go down

1500 points of Daemon vs Tau
Page 1 of 1