Winsford Wargaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winsford Wargaming

The Winsford Wargaming Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

(Competition) The Lesser Demon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darren
Sergeant Major of the Army
Darren

Male
Number of posts : 109
Race: : Elf
Creature: : Dragon
Army 40K: : Space marines
Army Fantasy: : Wood Elves
D&D character: : I only play the DM
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Cygnar
Registration date : 2008-02-27

(Competition) The Lesser Demon Empty
PostSubject: (Competition) The Lesser Demon   (Competition) The Lesser Demon Empty20/10/2008, 3:21 pm

OK for our next competition i thought we could hold an annual painting competition it wont be the only painting competition but this one will have the biggest prizes!

the competition will be split into two catagories:

under 16s
17 and over

each entree will be a single model on a 25mm base and has to belong to that base that means no sticking bigger characters to small bases

it will be held on the 28th of october so get a figure pained and bring it down to the club then

PRIZES:
1st place restore up to 50 points of dead troops.
2nd place auto-pass any test through out the game.
these will be the same prizes for both catagories.
Back to top Go down
http://www.chaptermaster.co.uk
alexsmith
Supreme Kommandant
alexsmith

Male
Number of posts : 113
Race: : Human
Creature: : Teh Official Noob Pwnr
Army 40K: : Oh so gay but either Eldar or Tau
Army Fantasy: : Too many to list
D&D character: : Hiro something or other
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Khador/Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: (Competition) The Lesser Demon   (Competition) The Lesser Demon Empty21/10/2008, 5:47 am

Darren good idea to hold a painting competition.

A couple of comments though.

If we were to hold a major competion I would say we should try and organise some proper prizes, maybe some vouchers from the model shop or something of that nature.

If we really wanted to push the boat out we could even buy a trophy and maybe have a quarterly winner!

I would also suggest a longer deadline. Although we need to keep it realistic one week is a little short notice if you ask me.

If we did it quarterly we could maybe start on 1st Jan. With the judging being held the last Tuesday of the quarter, 31st Mar if we started in Jan.

I think as well it should be aimed at helping people paint their armies so the first one could be for a character, the next for a squad/regiment, the next for a vehichle/monster, etc.

This is just my 2 cents so totally disregard it if you want but let me know what you think.
Back to top Go down
https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v300/alexsmith175/

PostSubject: Re: (Competition) The Lesser Demon   (Competition) The Lesser Demon Empty21/10/2008, 11:56 am

Better idea than mine so lets do that if the club has the money for a trophy and vouchers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (Competition) The Lesser Demon   (Competition) The Lesser Demon Empty4/2/2009, 2:56 pm

Yeah, this sounds like a good idea, will definitely get involved when I get some actual stuff to paint lol, my lack of funds is pitiful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Competition) The Lesser Demon   (Competition) The Lesser Demon Empty

Back to top Go down

(Competition) The Lesser Demon
Page 1 of 1