Winsford Wargaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winsford Wargaming

The Winsford Wargaming Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Neal's mini tournament of Chorley

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Neal Orange peel
Purveyor off all things blue
Neal Orange peel

Number of posts : 249
Race: : Human
Creature: : centaur
Army 40K: : dark eldar + imperial guard
Army Fantasy: : vampire counts
D&D character: : Barbarian - REGDAR
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Menoth
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Neal's mini tournament of Chorley Empty
PostSubject: Neal's mini tournament of Chorley   Neal's mini tournament of Chorley Empty11/1/2010, 7:05 am

5 player lovers and haters headed from Neal's house to Chorley on Sunday 10th January. Braving snow, hail, and my car, we soon made it.

Here is a little run-down of what happened from my perspective:

I decided to take 2 lists, of 35 points. This first of which is competative, and the second, a little more playful. I will use the first list for games 1 and 2, and the second for 3 and 4:

Testament of Menoth (+6) (ToM)
Crusader
Hieropthant
Bastions
Flameguard Cleansers
Knights Exemplar
Temple Flameguard +UA
Gravus
Vassal

The plan here was basically - attrition. each turn keep reviving back dead troopers. I failed to read to revived troopers only come back with 1 hit point. Oops! My first opponent did make a comment that this list is very competative, which is what I hoped to achieve as in previous tournament I have not been as competative as I should be.

Severius
Blessing of Vengence
Castigator
Repented
Dervish
Choir
Daughters of the Flame
Knights Exemplar
Seneschal
Sunburst delivery Cannon

Thisi was a bit of a play-around list, hoping to make use of lots of focus to power a jack heavy force.

game 1 - Mosh Pit
Legion of Everblight - Richard Paget.
Seryn
2 Angelius
Nyss sorceress and Helion
striders
swordsmen
Shepherd

This was a bit of a crazy game against a fantastic opponent. Richard flew much of his flying stuff over the top of my army, whilst ToM feated: sending the entire army through the ranks of the LoE army. The final moment of the game when Richard healed and Angelius from deaths door to assault a heavily protected ToM, battering him to the ground.
Game 1 - Caster kill Loss

Game 2 - No mans land
Cryx- Steve knowles

Denegra
Nighmare
Deathjack
Seether
defiler
Satyxis raiders
withershadow combine

The objective here was a 8" wide line East to West (left to right) of the board. So Steve went first and rushed accross the board. round 2, it started; Denegra cast her feat the withering, parasite . . . . so much cheese that my many troopers were de-buffed and rippe apart. Many who died then fed their souls to ToM, reviving them a turn later. Steve's only hiccup was charging in Dengra to a unit near my caster. This put her in range of a boosted ToM, Who full of souls cast his feat and charged through the Cryx army, assassinating Denegra.Phew!
Game 2 Win - caster kill

Game3 - capture 3 table quarters
Khador - JT-Y

Epic Butcher
Spriggen
devestator
kodiak
yuri the axe
2x manhunter
4 widowmakers
orin midwinter

This was my first game with Severius today, and my first meeting with the Butcher of Khardov. My jacks were no match for the Khador monsters, given the extra speed from Butcher. The +ve was the Sunburst being able to shoot the butcher over the top of all the battle due to base sizes, hurting Butcher for 8pts. After this and a few more damage points later Butcher was charging Severius for endgame. Severiius should have feated (Doh! forgot!) to prevent spells to give butcher movement.

Game 4 - 2 Mosh Pits
Circle - Jamie Perkins
Kreuger the Stormwrath
Pureblood warpwolf
Warpwolf
Gnarlhorn Satyr
Argus
Lord of the Feast
Woldwyrd

Second turn - Jamie got 2 charges with warpwolves, man - they hurt! taking out 3/4 jacks, the rest of the game this momentum was carried through until he got to my caster, and battered Severius to the ground. Again, I should have feated to prevet Kreugers defensive spells as he was surrounded by my troopers and spelled himself away.

A really great day, smoothly organised, and with a great atmosphere. We should get more people to local events like this as they are soo mcuh fun, and hone gaming skills to a fine point.

Take care, and look after yourselves, and each other.

Goodbye
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Number of posts : 140
Creature: : TF2 Medic
Army 40K: : Chaos Daemons
Army Fantasy: : Dark elves
D&D character: : Sathoon- Human cleric of St. Cuthbert
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Cryx
Legion of Everblight
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Neal's mini tournament of Chorley   Neal's mini tournament of Chorley Empty11/1/2010, 11:04 am

oh lordy, ebutcher- bald god of wrecking crews everywhere. He demands to be in close combat, i bet you could use that to lure him in, arc a nice death sentence on him and them proceed to punch his kidneys with the rest of your force

Oh and i didn't have Deathjack, i had a sea witch UA for the satyxis (thats where the extra damage die mini-feat came from that sucked badly against the Testament and owned Gravus).
You also forgot Gorman di Wulfe cat
Back to top Go down
Neal Orange peel
Purveyor off all things blue
Neal Orange peel

Number of posts : 249
Creature: : centaur
Army 40K: : dark eldar + imperial guard
Army Fantasy: : vampire counts
D&D character: : Barbarian - REGDAR
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Menoth
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Neal's mini tournament of Chorley   Neal's mini tournament of Chorley Empty11/1/2010, 11:25 am

bugger! I knew there was something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neal's mini tournament of Chorley   Neal's mini tournament of Chorley Empty

Back to top Go down

Neal's mini tournament of Chorley
Page 1 of 1