Winsford Wargaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winsford Wargaming

The Winsford Wargaming Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Number of posts : 140
Race: : Human
Creature: : TF2 Medic
Army 40K: : Chaos Daemons
Army Fantasy: : Dark elves
D&D character: : Sathoon- Human cleric of St. Cuthbert
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Cryx
Legion of Everblight
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box Empty
PostSubject: Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box   Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box Empty8/9/2009, 4:01 pm

Hey ppls
Okay, there was 2 of these but the 2nd one was to introduce a young lad Harry to Warmachine so that technically doesn't count, i'll do just the first battle against Neil's PoM (oh and bad Alex for not doing as he said he would i.e come to eat my Cryx for breakfast!)
Twas a battle box of my Cryx which is 2 Deathrippers, a defiler, Slayer and Deneghra for my warcaster
The Protectorate box has 2 Revengers, a Crusader and Kreoss for a caster
I wasn't focused on remembering details since it didn't immediately occur to me it'd be good to make the bat rep area more fufilled, but i'll do my best.
Neil went first and deployed as normal, same for me and since the board was so large we both spent at least 1 turn each running to get closer, Kreoss however fired up his headache inducing Lamentation spell, strangling my ability to cast annoying things like Crippling grasp oh and cast protection of Menoth on his pink Revenger.

I decided not to move further ahead doing so would have me charged so i hung back a bit waiting for his Revengers to plod in range but instead he fired off Kreoss's knockdown feat, which was just enough to catch all my models in its radius- oh dear for me! His models ran in closer knowing that i could either move but not attack or attack but not move.

Rather then let his Protectorate chase me round the table i took a stand and fired of Deneghra's nasty nasty feat which all but derailed his initial plan and limiting targets, jolly good for me!

Both revengers though their movement was shredded by the feat, managed to find themselves in close combat with a deathripper each, the Crusader stumbled around a bit and found the deathripper under attack from the normal Revenger and managed to miss, Kreoss was happily stood proud where he was though he only had 2 focus by the end of it all. Course, the Revengers swung their weapons around a lot but the high DEF of Cryx bonejacks foiled their attempts to do any serious damage and the shields repulsed the death rippers the usual 1"

My Defiler was still unengaged so slapped some focus on him and he walked right into range of the depleted Kreoss and planted about 3-5 points of damage on him with a boosted roll to hit, plus corrosion (which we completely forgot about!) and Deneghra hammered into the side of the normal Revenger with 5 or so focus which i burnt quite quickly on making extra attacks to make up for the poor to hit rolls and even poorer damage rolls culminating in about 2 points of damage in total and getting repulsed Neutral
The deathripper also tried its hand and scored a couple more points of damage and repulsion.
The deathripper engaged with the pink Revenger didn't do anything unfortunately thanks to Protection of Menoth and the Slayer slotted itself between Deneghra and the deathripper attacking the normal Revenger hoping for a window of opportunity to charge the Crusader or even a Revenger and unload some pain with its combo attack.

The normal revenger tiptoed back into the battle with the deathripper managing to scratch up the deathripper's hull a bit, the Crusader managed to miss again, the Pink revenger managed to miss again but both still got their repulsion. Kreoss tried to hide behind the crusader and generally not doing anything else.

The defiler chased after Kreoss but its sludge cannon missed Kreoss (oops!) Since the Revengers repulsed the death rippers they advanced menacingly towards Deneghra, the Slayer helplessly out the way, and Kreoss the little bugger tanked up on focus jumped from behind the Crusader and charged into combat with Deneghra affraid
Being careful to boost his attacks to beat her DEF 16 and using an extra attack plus boosted (which he had sick rolls with the damage) slew Deneghra- rendering all my jacks inert!

Score 1 for Neil's Protectorate of Menoth

Deneghra was bit of a let-down on her charge attacks, the defiler did some damage but Kreoss kept mobile so i couldn't get a nice aiming bead on him but the high DEF of the Cryx generally spared the jacks from the worst of the damage, but Neil still won by caster kill.

(my favourite part of the night was probably when i was giving Harry a taster game and a lowly death ripper's P+S 12 somehow caused 8 points of damage boosted damage roll... To a Crusader's ARM 19 lol! )
Back to top Go down
Neal Orange peel
Purveyor off all things blue
Neal Orange peel

Number of posts : 249
Creature: : centaur
Army 40K: : dark eldar + imperial guard
Army Fantasy: : vampire counts
D&D character: : Barbarian - REGDAR
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Menoth
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box   Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box Empty9/9/2009, 5:06 am

Great game Sath. You did the right thing my using your speed and high def to dodge round me. You just just Deneghra open for the might Exemplar Kreoss to cave in her skull.

hang on let me mark 1 point of dmg for corrosion...No he's still not dead!

Next week..I will reme,ber my cards
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box   Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box Empty9/9/2009, 5:34 am

Neal Orange peel wrote:
Great game Sath. You did the right thing my using your speed and high def to dodge round me. You just just Deneghra open for the might Exemplar Kreoss to cave in her skull.

nyahh, DEF 16 was of no use during that bit against Kreoss, if you missed but once i would of crippling grasped and reduced your Crusader to dust with the slayer coming from behind, and then moving on with some very irate deathrippers Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Neal Orange peel
Neal Orange peel

PostSubject: Re: Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box   Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box Empty9/9/2009, 5:49 am

its all about the caster kill!
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box   Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box Empty9/9/2009, 5:51 am

Neal Orange peel wrote:
its all about the caster kill!

which would of been easy enough if i got a slam in on Kreoss's back, then Deneghra could harvest a soul token from him for good measure: no Kreoss soul for Menoth! Razz
in that respect it was definately a risk you took there: if you had missed Deneghra the Crusader would of been mauled and Kreoss might of been bowled over and then charged by a badly wounded and yet very angry Deneghra
Back to top Go down
Darren
Sergeant Major of the Army
Darren

Male
Number of posts : 109
Race: : Elf
Creature: : Dragon
Army 40K: : Space marines
Army Fantasy: : Wood Elves
D&D character: : I only play the DM
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Cygnar
Registration date : 2008-02-27

PostSubject: Re: Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box   Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box Empty9/9/2009, 3:56 pm

Hey there sath you seem to be pure gold writing these battle reports! and since im trying to put together a team for the prophecy i could do with someone to write battle reports you want in?? im going to winsford library on Saturday if your interested
Back to top Go down
http://www.chaptermaster.co.uk
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box   Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box Empty9/9/2009, 4:04 pm

That means i actually have to navigate via... The bus service affraid
I can only try- my memory is awful when its needed most (wonder if i should invest in a notepad....) But yah, i'll still try (do you want my random trash document i wrote up when very bored with nothing to do in ECDL back at high school?)
Back to top Go down
Darren
Darren

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box   Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box Empty10/9/2009, 1:06 pm

awesome lets say 9:00 am Saturday at winsford library?
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box   Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box Empty10/9/2009, 1:09 pm

9am is asking a lot Darren!
my step-dad ain't waking up that early, and i wouldn't want to lay such an early drop off on my mum. But then again buses don't run that early do they? Its 20 min drive to the club from here, so probably talking like 16-18 minute drive traffic allowing (rush hour)
Back to top Go down
Neal Orange peel
Neal Orange peel

PostSubject: Re: Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box   Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box Empty10/9/2009, 3:00 pm

buses do run that early. Do you have a bike... train from Hartford -> Winsford

Time Hartford 8:04am --> Winsford 8:08am

bike or walk from winsford train station

Really very easy. You may not even have to pay anything on the train, as the conductor may not have a chance if you are only on for 4 mins.

I have been using public transport for 3 years to get to uni, and even with a motorcycle, when the weather is poor I still get the trains.

PS get a young persons railcard, they are great value, and mean you get to Liverpool (Gamecraft) for much less!
Back to top Go down
Darren
Darren

Male

PostSubject: Re: Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box   Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box Empty12/9/2009, 4:24 pm

Im sorry for the inconvinience sath!! I boarded the wrong bus instead of Northwich > Winsford i went from Northwich > Crewe I hope you weren't there long waiting for me!
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box   Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box Empty12/9/2009, 4:26 pm

Well the library shut at 1 so i couldn't hang around for long. Course as my step-dad said when he came to pick me up; it would of been a good idea if we traded mobile numbers bounce

Just sent you my number via PM

Last edited by sath on 12/9/2009, 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)
Back to top Go down
Neal Orange peel
Neal Orange peel

PostSubject: Re: Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box   Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box Empty13/9/2009, 2:56 am

make sure it happens this saturday.

Winsford Library email:
winsford.infopoint@cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box   Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box Empty

Back to top Go down

Cryx Vs Menoth Battle box
Page 1 of 1