Winsford Wargaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winsford Wargaming

The Winsford Wargaming Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1000 point 4 way of doomy doom

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Number of posts : 140
Race: : Human
Creature: : TF2 Medic
Army 40K: : Chaos Daemons
Army Fantasy: : Dark elves
D&D character: : Sathoon- Human cleric of St. Cuthbert
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Cryx
Legion of Everblight
Registration date : 2009-05-20

1000 point 4 way of doomy doom Empty
PostSubject: 1000 point 4 way of doomy doom   1000 point 4 way of doomy doom Empty15/10/2009, 4:27 pm

Hey ppls

Tuesday's battle was a 2v2 rumble... Between my Daemons (which i hadn't brought my Grinder sadly, his shadow would of been enough to roll over the enemy) and Kieran's growing Tyranids VS Zack's Tau and Ron's Tau (and whining that Tyranids and Chaos daemons don't team up: Lord of Change, nuff said)

Games with more then 2 people is usually awkward to bat rep on but i can only try no?

Daemons:
Lord of Change (boon of mutation, Master of sorcery)
Herald of Khorne on Juggernaut (Unholy might)

10 (8?) Bloodletters of Khorne
10 Horrors of Tzeentch

3 Screamers of Tzeentch

1 Daemon prince (Daemonic flight, iron hide, Mark of Nurgle, Noxious touch, Cloud of Flies, Daemonic gaze)

Tyranids:
Hive tyrant (lashwhip & bonesword, Venom cannon (Barbed strangler?), toxin sacs? Some other stuff?)

3 warriors (scything talons, 2 deathspitters, 1 venom cannon, enhanced senses)
3 Warriors (scything talons, 2 deathspitters, 1 venom cannon, enhanced senses)

3 Ripper swarms
3 Ripper swarms

1 Ravener (my Red Terror)

Carnifex (Mace tail, scything talons, Crushing claws, tusks)
Carnifex (scything talons, T/W Deathspitters, adrenal glands, tusks)
Carnifex (Venom cannon, scything talons, enhanced senses)

Ron’s Tau:
Crisis suit commander plus retinue, with a mess of smart missiles, plasma rifle, burst cannon, flamer, shield, multi-tracker etc

3 XV-25 Stealth Suits

10 fire warriors
2 devilfish (they count as troop choices right? Or was I just missing another squad of F warriors?)

6 Gun drones

1 Hammerhead

Zack’s Tau
Similar mess of weapon systems on his commander + retinue, but replacing shield with cyclic ion blaster (Or did Ron have the ion blaster???????????)

10 Fire warriors
10 Fire warriors
1 Devil fish

1 Hammerhead

Luckily i prepared the RSI inducing bat rep before this initial post
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Number of posts : 140
Race: : Human
Creature: : TF2 Medic
Army 40K: : Chaos Daemons
Army Fantasy: : Dark elves
D&D character: : Sathoon- Human cleric of St. Cuthbert
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Cryx
Legion of Everblight
Registration date : 2009-05-20

1000 point 4 way of doomy doom Empty
PostSubject: The battle   1000 point 4 way of doomy doom Empty15/10/2009, 4:39 pm

We took the first turn (yay) and i wasted no time rolling for daemonic assault, landing my Bloodletters, Lord of Change and Daemon Prince. The Lord nearly scattered onto Zack's Fire warriors, blood letters almost scattered onto terrain and the daemon prince hit where i wanted him (great success)

Shooting:
The Lord of change wasted no time in using his Boon of Mutation on Zack's Crisis suit commander (Shas'o?) which both hit and killed his commander instantly (ouch!) then proceeding to try and turn another into paste with Bolt of Tzeentch but failing to actually wound and Daemonic gaze managed to chip a wound or 2 off the commander's crisis bodyguards.

The Daemon prince gave Ron's Firewarriors clustered around 1 of his devilfish and roasted 2 (i think)

Assault:
No assault for me, this wasn't Planet strike where Daemons can charge when they deepstrike (imagine what 20 bloodletters teleporting in and then charging can do to a squad, Terminators beg for their invulnerable saves to carry them through the red typhoon Twisted Evil )

Kieran's turn...
Movement:
Kieran had went very light on synapse dependant beasties, with the only things being Carnifexes, which he didn't dawdle around with and promptly started moving them forward, along with his warriors so they could start their grisly work, Rippers he did have, and Rippers did move forward...

Shooting:
A Venom cannon toting 'fex JUST managed to shoot the rail gun off Ron's Hammerhead (a must have for Tau for those who don't know) which of course effectively castrated the poor tank
A warrior brood containing a venom cannon tried a shot at 1 of Zack's devilfish but the shot was ineffective...

Assault:
Really? you were expecting 6" Carnifexes to get into assault range on turn 1? Saw-rry
no 'fex madness yet

Turn 2:
Ron's turn...
Movement:
Just his Tau commander and his retinue pushing forward a wee bit, and XV-25 Stealth suits popping up behind cover just ahead of the Tyranid line

Shooting:
My Daemon prince was parked in front of his battle line, but he debated on bullying the Carnifex with the venom cannon a short way behind the prince but in the end decided on the prince and my oh my was the prince a roadblock: between about 6 gun drones, 8 Fire warriors, 2 burst cannons, 2 smart missile pods, a plasma rifle, and another burst cannon he only suffered 1 wound!

Assault:
No self-respecting Tau would dare go toe-to-toe with a souped up points sin- i mean Daemon prince (of Nurgle)

Zack's turn...
Movement:
none to speak of

Shooting:
Eager to get back at the Lord one-shotting his 125+ point commander he set about trying to crack its diabolic T6, 3+ invulnerable save; and succeeded! but it took, a plasma rifle, a fusion blaster, a cyclic Ion blaster a smart missle pod and 40 shots of Tau Fire warrior pulse rifle to take down. He still had some units to unload shots off however, namely his Hammerhead which he saved and trained its railgun on the Tyranid Warriors on my side of the board and launched a sub-munition shot which quite amusingly scattered off the warriors and into the space between my 'letters and his warriors. The Devilfish took potshots with its drones at the 'letters and managed to pop about 3 of the 10 man squad.

Assault:
The Lord of Change had attracted the firepower of a small nation and was banished back to the Warp, there wasn't anything to assault!

Turn 3 (we then begun to combine our phases, so when i moved, Kieran would also move)

Movement:
The Horrors rolled for deep strike and succeeded, being placed just in front of the letters (Chaos icon ftw), so the horrors could get a clear view of the fire warriors and murder them with S4 AP4 lolage
The Bloodletters crept closer to the Firewarriors
The Daemon prince having been pimped up with so many upgrades, flew to intercept the XV-25 suits now hiding in cover

All i know about Kieran's units was the rippers were very close to assault with the XV 25 suits, a carnifex with tusks, scything talons and crushing claws was barreling up the left flank to cut off the XV 25's escape
Oh and The Red Terror posing as a normal Ravener with rending claws and scything talons burst from the ground behind the diminished Ron Hammerhead.

Shooting:
Rather then do the smart thing and show Zack's Firewarriors what real fire was with the horrors i done what i feel was a tactical error and instead shot at the Commander retinue, merely taking down 1 suit and leaving 1 behind, and a full swarm of Fire warriors Exclamation
The Daemon prince was going to be out of assault range of the XV-25s so he stared evilly at the fire warriors and only killed 1 from Ron's squad
The blood letters naturally ran a bit , keeping the barricade between them and the F warriors for cover.

Assault:
The rippers fell short of assault with the XV-25 suits!

Turn 4:
Movement:
None, from either Ron or Zack

Shooting:
I wasn't paying attention to Ron's Tau and Kieran's Tyranids, too focused on Zack's shooting phase which culminated in a Hammerhead sub-munition round landing squarely on the Horrors, covering all 10 with its S6 pie plate, but only 2 were removed out of the 5 wounds dealt thanks to their robust 4+ invulnerable save (cue an arguement that Pink horrors when 'killed' split into 2 blue horrors, which work exactly as 1 Pink horror). The Bloodletters also lost 3 more squad members to drone fire and a burst cannon. The remaining crisis suit burnt away a Horror and blu'd another horror.
the firewarriors got merry with rapid fire and nailed 3 of the horrors and blu'd another, reducing it to a 4 daemon squad
What i do remember from Ron's tau was the XV-25s going at the daemon prince with their burst cannons, but their weapons were ineffective against Chaos armour (or personal armour at least)

Assault:
none

Turn 5:
Movement:
The screamers FINALLY deepstruck in and landed as expected
The Bloodletters crept ever closer to the Firewarriors, blades sharpened, Herald of Khorne on his Juggernaut eager for some major blood letting
The Daemon prince vaulted into assault range of the XV-25 suits, the prince had Noxious touch, so it'd be a very painful and very short assault

Rippers hurled themselves over the cover and sat at the XV-25's feet
The Crushing claw 'fex parked itself just behind a wall ready to barge through and start eating
The Red Terror posing as a normal Ravener with rending claws and scything talons burst from the ground behind the diminished Ron Hammerhead.

Shooting:
The Horrors tried again on the crisis retinue, but only dropped the lone guard to 1 wound, not good for them
Nearly ran with the bloodletters but that would have been a fatal mistake for obvious reasons- being in assault range with Fire warriors and all...
Not a clue what the shooty nids did but suffice to say it involved more guns being destroyed, I think

Assault:
The 'letters though diminished in number absolutely pancaked the 10 man fire warrior squad, and left itself vulnerable to the other squad’s rapid fire…
The rippers closed with the XV-25s which swung but killed nothing, the rippers did nothing spectacular but the Carnifex with the Crushing claws stormed in and killed all 3 of the suits in 1 mighty swing of its weapons

The daemon prince sensing that the Tyranids had the XV-25 suits under control he threw himself at the Ron Tau line and found a Hammerhead gun drone that had detached from its parent vehicle and promptly slew it…
The Red Ravener took a gamble and charged at the Hammerhead’s back and managed to score 1 rending hit which boosted his armour penetration by D3, which allowed him to penetrate its armour and destroy its seeker missile weapon.

Turn 6:
Movement:
Ron’s battlesuits shuffled around a bit to get a good shot at the Prince

Shooting:
Zack’s firewarriors sensing imminent death rapid fired into the hanging Bloodletters, and wiped out the squad and thanks to cheesiness on my part of abusing the 1 wound each model allocation rules, spared the Herald any harm thanks to his 3+ armour save from his jug, though alone he would be more then powerful enough to down 10 more Fire warriors!
Zack’s hammerhead launched a sub-munition round at Kieran’s Hive tyrant with hopes of hurting both the Tyrant and the shooty fex, but due to scatter it sort of failed; instead hitting a Tyrant Guard but failing to wound it (should of solid shotted, Zack you plonker: ‘fexes and tyrants are T6 so your sub would wound on 4+ instead of a 2+ solid which would have no scatter!)

The last commander bodyguard and the Devilfish finished off the remaining horrors with some lucky rolls
Zack also borrowed 6 of Ron’s Drones to shoot at the Screamers, downing 1 of the screamers >.>

Ron’s firewarriors, commander plus his retinue opened up on the daemon prince, and JUST managed to bring the Heavy Weapons guy- I mean Daemon prince down *ahem*

Assault:
None at all

Turn 7:
The Screamers barrelled forwards at the devilfish (It was time for Kieran to start fading away) the Herald leapt into close combat with the 2nd fire warrior squad and killed 3 warriors, with their attacks completely failing to hurt the herald, but the buggers stayed in combat despite a Ld test
Unfortunately it was also minutes after Kieran had to start fading then Zack had to go too, but before he left I gave the screamers something to chew on and they attack the Devilfish’s weakpoint for massive damage, causing it to explode which failed to kill the screamers.

Overall:
Ron and Zack I think won that one overall, if I had my Soul Grinder I would of reduced Zack to dust while Kieran pummeled Ron into a puddle of fishy gruel with his Nidzilla, alas there are only so many hours in a day

Models of note:

Did that sting? Saw-ry- Lord of change: for one-shotting (Chaos spawning) Zack’s HQ on turn 1

I am bullet proooooof!- Daemon prince for deep striking straight into the teeth of the Tau line and eating the damage threw at him for most of the game

Om nom nom, nom nom- The melee ‘fex for actually reaching close combat

Fear the fish of Fury- the 2 Fire warrior squads for causing massive damage to my daemons

Run and I will have you shot, somehow- Zack’s commander’s ghost which came back to make sure his retinue didn’t soil their suits and run away at the sight of his body being reduced to a warped pile of mush before their eyes

Who touched my gun!?- Ron's hammerhead for losing its main gun on turn 1

Ze End
Back to top Go down

1000 point 4 way of doomy doom
Page 1 of 1