Winsford Wargaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winsford Wargaming

The Winsford Wargaming Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Throw me a stick someone?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Number of posts : 140
Race: : Human
Creature: : TF2 Medic
Army 40K: : Chaos Daemons
Army Fantasy: : Dark elves
D&D character: : Sathoon- Human cleric of St. Cuthbert
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Cryx
Legion of Everblight
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Throw me a stick someone? Empty
PostSubject: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty8/9/2009, 4:37 pm

Talked with Tom about Legion about the tournie next month and thats its actually apparently VERY hard to make 750 points on a budget so i'm gonna have to use some Orky Kunning to get around, throw me a leg ppl Basketball . I will naturally have to get the Hordes rulebook (though there's 3 so i'm ASSUMING Metamorphesis has all the models in it as well as exact rules for fury mechanics and stuff) and then decide whether i want to take Cryx or Legion of Everblight to the tournie.

As mentioned before in a recent post about Tom's horde, i'm selling a Seether, Blackbane's Ghost raiders unit and was originally considering selling the battlebox of Cryx but i've now decided i'm just too attached to the battlebox to let it go What a Face
Granted the Seether in theory can be a very powerful model considering he generates 1 point of focus by himself and can charge over rough terrain and obstaces without penalty and being able to charge for free if you fail your CMD check (which can be re-rolled for 1 focus) to see if you stay in control of it or if it charges the nearest model (friend or foe!).
But i must make sacrifices to progress.
Blackbane's unit could be quite a handful with his plethora of special rules but its not like i'd be able to use Blackbane at the tournie anyway since he's an infantry unit and the tournie only lets Warcasters/warjacks and warlocks/warbeasts in.

The Seether... I paid £18 so i'll charge £15
Blackbane's unit... Privateer press's site puts him and his crew members at £18 as well but i'll bunk for £13 on him

And don't forget i still have Warhammer models to sell!

I'll sell 12 Hormagaunts and 12 Termagaunts for £12 (super cheap considering in a box for £16 you get 8 hormagaunts but get options for the guns for the 8 gaunts) but its still pretty much half price here ppls- Fleshborer equipped gaunts can't be sneezed at)

Oh and i have an unopened box of Dark elf warriors lying around from the days when my bro collected Warhammer a decade ago- STILL in its sellophane wrapping which of course guarantees unviolated models. The price of those was £18 at the time which has dropped by a whole 40p
So... How about £14 for the box of warriors
which are core units and can be assembled into a unit of 16 warriors armed either with spears and shields or repeater crossbows, also the usuals like a banner carrier musician blah blah blah

I also think i have 1 of my bro's old sorceress models around here too, i may include her with the Dark elf regiment box, which means all you'd need then for a basic game of fantasy is another core choice! There's another box of dark elf warriors but 6 of them would have heads missing!

How about it? Will Tzeentch smile with a glint in one of his many, many eyes and have my for sale models done away with so i can progress to building an army for the Warmachine/Hordes tournie? I feel bit of a scrounger but its got to be worth it right? Question
Back to top Go down
Neal Orange peel
Purveyor off all things blue
Neal Orange peel

Number of posts : 249
Creature: : centaur
Army 40K: : dark eldar + imperial guard
Army Fantasy: : vampire counts
D&D character: : Barbarian - REGDAR
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Menoth
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty9/9/2009, 5:14 am

Seether £15 - Cryx Heavy Jack
12 Hormagaunts and 12 Termagaunts for £12 - Tyranids troop choice
16 Dark elf warriors £14 - Dark Elf Core coice

Help Steven out here!
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty9/9/2009, 5:17 am

Neal Orange peel wrote:
Seether £15 - Cryx Heavy Jack
12 Hormagaunts and 12 Termagaunts for £12 - Tyranids troop choice
16 Dark elf warriors £14 - Dark Elf Core coice

Help Steven out here!

Plus a dark elf sorceress- a hero (HQ) choice i've now decided to throw in with the dark elf warrior regiment for good measure, still £14!

And Blackbane's ghost raiders (infantry for warmachine) for £13

The Tyranids, are painted but the seether isn't nor are the raiders, and the Dark elf warrior box isn't even opened yet lol!
Back to top Go down
alexsmith
Supreme Kommandant
alexsmith

Male
Number of posts : 113
Creature: : Teh Official Noob Pwnr
Army 40K: : Oh so gay but either Eldar or Tau
Army Fantasy: : Too many to list
D&D character: : Hiro something or other
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Khador/Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty9/9/2009, 6:38 am

Mmmmmmmmmmust

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnot

Ssssssssssssssssstart

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnew

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarmy!
Back to top Go down
https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v300/alexsmith175/
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty9/9/2009, 8:55 am

alexsmith wrote:
Mmmmmmmmmmust

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnot

Ssssssssssssssssstart

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnew

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarmy!

bbbbbbbbbbbbbut

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

llllllllllllllllllllllllike

ttttttttttttttttttttttthe

Llllllllllllllllllegion beast theme

the Angelius is a majestic model, has a strong resemblence to Quetzelcoatl, bit like how the Carnivean is similar to the 40k Carnifex, except its likely to actually see close combat. I agreed with Tom to keep the same colour theme as he has on the Carnivean so it'd be visually very loud Angelius. Which reminds me i must ask him when i see him sometime what paints he used to do the Carnivean.
Back to top Go down
Neal Orange peel
Neal Orange peel

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty9/9/2009, 9:27 am

I have played against the Angelius, and if you get it, I am not playing against you Rolling Eyes
It is nails. yes it won the game for my opponent, buy having it behind a screen of other stuff, getting close, and flying over everything into my caster.

1 dead caster

study
Back to top Go down
alexsmith
Supreme Kommandant
alexsmith

Male

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty9/9/2009, 9:37 am

While they are pretty sick they can be easily beaten!

I've not found out exactly how but it can be done!

BTW Steve if you are thinking on doing 750 beast list you will want 2 Angelius and Epic Thagrosh, throw in a Nephilim or two (solidier or protector) and you are about getting to a decent list.
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty9/9/2009, 9:37 am

Neal Orange peel wrote:
I have played against the Angelius, and if you get it, I am not playing against you Rolling Eyes
study

Don't worry about it; i can tell just from looking at it, its got assassin written on it i wouldn't really use it in ordinary games. But in the tournie its so big and would be so brightly coloured it'd be causing terror to the players not just non-fearless models attracting the firepower of a small nation with its garish carapace and general battlefield presence. Laughing downloaded tabletop commander and 129 points for a legion warbeast is a kick in the teeth, with only the Typhon beating it at 143!
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty9/9/2009, 9:39 am

alexsmith wrote:
While they are pretty sick they can be easily beaten!

I've not found out exactly how but it can be done!

BTW Steve if you are thinking on doing 750 beast list you will want 2 Angelius and Epic Thagrosh, throw in a Nephilim or two (solidier or protector) and you are about getting to a decent list.

No model in a game can be invincible and what was it about "no plan survives contact with the enemy"?

I thought epic versions of casters and locks were for over 750 point MM/TaC games?
-has visions of fighting Epic Allister Caine...-
Back to top Go down
Neal Orange peel
Neal Orange peel

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty9/9/2009, 9:51 am

yes you can take epic in 750. 1 epic, 1 normal. From what Alex has said
http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=cat&cre=min-hrd-loe

you can get that army for £85
I dont know the points for Ethagrosh

2 x Nephlim 132
2 x Angelius 258
390 points

EBay not included!
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty9/9/2009, 9:57 am

eThag weighs in at a heavy 98 points, but he's a meaty model with apparently meaty abilities
With a meaty cost in £ as well x-rates puts him at £27 (Maelstrom games is defo a good idea!) and that is cruel for a caster model, even if he's big
It'd be between Saeryn and Vayl to go with eThag. Both from what i've read could work in a beast army. Saeryn has a watered down version of normal thag's resurrect spell and can give hordes armies a headache, Vayl has a high fury capacity plus lots of beast spells

Just checked eThag on battle college, blinking heck he's a winged powerhouse! And could Blighted fire get any weirder; sets victims on fire and yet it critical freezes them? rofl
suddenly i'm not so scared of eCaine or executer Reznik Cool

Gonna use tabletop commander to whip up a Cryx list just for sake of it, and to re-shape the Legion list to accommodate a 92 warlock monstrosity Razz

Last edited by sath on 9/9/2009, 10:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
alexsmith
Supreme Kommandant
alexsmith

Male

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty9/9/2009, 10:13 am

Check out Maelstrom Games.

I'm pretty sure they have e-Thaggy for £22.

Saeryn (sp?) is pretty awesome!

Her feat means that 5 + the ammount of fury she currently has (she is fury 7, so you're pretty much gonna get 12 models) are immune to mellee attacks for a round.

In an all beast enviroment that is pretty radical!
Back to top Go down
alexsmith
Supreme Kommandant
alexsmith

Male

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty9/9/2009, 10:19 am

Oh one last thing....

GET TYPHON!
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty9/9/2009, 10:24 am

alexsmith wrote:
Oh one last thing....

GET TYPHON!

On a budget remember? Sad

£30 on top of a nef protector, eThag, 2 angelius is a wee bit expensive bounce
If i can find somewhere to put the Carnivean the better, awesome sauce affinity with Thag aside... Darn it! Its compelling to try; oh won't someone buy my unwanted models? If not, i spy Maelstrom will buy models modifying their value based on their weight! bounce

though from a viewpoint; what you suggested though i can't say with any degree of certainty it seems like power playing? Barely any models in the army, a 10 model count but most of them are pretty huge but pack a scary amount of hitting power. Angelius' laughing at high ARM models and making the ideal assassins, Typhon becoming so hard to kill with a d6 regeneration and symbiotic regen with thaggy he can drink gallons of Menoth's fury and come back for more and the neff protector there to stand in front of evil ranged attackers like eCaine and absorbing what the d6 regen doogle doesn't finish affraid
Is this sort of style common in tournies?

Suppose it does give me a cheesy excuse to come out with terrible puns like "here comes the rain of terror general" and i somehow managed to diss my own Cryx last night but i won't talk about that Embarassed

Last edited by sath on 9/9/2009, 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : An overview of the PoA)
Back to top Go down
Neal Orange peel
Neal Orange peel

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty9/9/2009, 11:00 am

just say that you have heard of powerplay, and Alex Smith is your mentor. People will understand
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty9/9/2009, 11:12 am

Neal Orange peel wrote:
just say that you have heard of powerplay, and Alex Smith is your mentor. People will understand

Sounds like ppl know what Alex is like at tournies. Duly noted What a Face

Has vision:
- person looks at my army and after a few minutes of contemplation he speaks up
random person says "Alex Smith told you to get that stuff didn't he?"
me "how did you know?
random person says "trust me, i know..."

Oh snap i forgot to ask earlier:
Alex- are you okay giving me a lift to the event in october? Assuming your going on the 17th for the tournie, i don't think i'll be staying for the MkII demo on the 18th considering how the Premier travel inn gits are charging £62 per night for weekends! If your staying for the MkII demo i'll see about getting the train back to Northwich when the WM/Hordes tournie is over and done with.

Wait a minute- Warbeasts are fearless right? If not then eThagg's Abomination will have the protector running all over the place, negating his bodyguard ability which comes into effect as long as he's within 2" of the warlock, Abomination is 3" range. Unless i move the protector first and hope eThagg will stay at least within 2" of the protector? (is kinda stupid how even other Everblight units practically wet themselves when within close proximity of their own supreme dragon leader)

Last edited by sath on 9/9/2009, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A quick question)
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty10/9/2009, 9:16 am

-puts on his best Hubert Farnsworth accent-
Good news everyone!
i've been a-fishing in my games cabinet through my bro's old Dark elves and discovered

23 Witch elves (one of which is a hag squad leader) (special choices)
17 Corsairs (troops choices)
2 Sorcereress (taken individually for 1 hero (HQ) slot each, see the relevant codex for details on how Lords and Heroes work with the points limit)
which combined with the unopened box of dark elf warriors i have for sale; effectively gives a person with no Dark elves at all, a basic functional army! Minus the codex, up to date fantasy rulebook) and magic cards which are part of the magic supplement box set, which i'm also selling)

Games workshop:
£12 for 10 corsairs

Me:
£8 for 10 corsairs
£10 for 17

Games workshop:
£12 for 5 witch elves

Me:
£25 for all the witch elves at once including an extra 3 (save £23!)
Batches of 10 witch elves for £15 per batch (save £11)

Games workshop:
£17.60 A Dark elf warrior regiment (box of warriors)

me:
£14 for a box of warriors still in their sellophane wrapping

2 sorceress
Since 1 is being bundled with the warriors, the extra sorceress for £4. Neither of them are mounted on Cold ones

All 17 corsairs
All 23 witch elves
Both sorceress
The box of warriors (£14 if bought seperately)
For
£40 (save £9 buying all of this together as opposed to separately!)

If you bought from GW you’d be spending near on £100 for this amount of stuff!

The magic supplement contains the magic spells for almost all the warhammer races. Including a magic supplement codex, a 4th edition fantasy rulebook, a bestiary rulebook, some random dice, a tape measure, templates, magic items cards complete with rubber bands that have lost their elasticity over the years.
Its original price at the time when my bro bought it all those years ago when it was in circulation (unless it still is) was probably £40-50 but not fully certain. But due to its advanced age i'll want rid of it for £15.
The magic card decks from it i can sell individually for £2 per deck; decks sold this way may cause the supplement box as a whole to lose some of its £15 value asking price!
High magic
Dark magic
Necromantic magic
Waaagh! magic
Skaven magic
Chaos Dwarf magic
Nurgle, Slaanesh, Tzeentch magics
general winds of magic magic
and battle magic

(also checking what Maelstrom games will offer for my for sale stuff plus old codexes and the 4th edition 40k rulebook, but its not too late to buy from me as all i'm getting from them is an idea of what they'd pay for all this)

Not forgetting the Privateer press stuff; namely Cryx Seether heavy warjack for £15
And Blackbane's ghost raiders (5 raiders and Blackbane) infantry for £13
and those 12 Hormagaunts and 12 Termagaunts for effectively £12 for 24 models

And no i WON'T film a Crazy Ernie vid with me advertising these things, even if the Dark elf deal is better-then-half-price What a Face

Last edited by sath on 10/9/2009, 1:05 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : adding prices)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throw me a stick someone?   Throw me a stick someone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Throw me a stick someone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Winsford Wargaming :: General Talk :: General Chat-
Jump to: