Winsford Wargaming

The Winsford Wargaming Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

WM- Executioner Reznik's Excruciator ability

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sath
Command Sergeant Major

Male
Number of posts : 140
Race: : Human
Creature: : TF2 Medic
Army 40K: : Chaos Daemons
Army Fantasy: : Dark elves
D&D character: : Sathoon- Human cleric of St. Cuthbert
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Cryx
Legion of Everblight
Registration date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: WM- Executioner Reznik's Excruciator ability   6/9/2009, 12:34 pm

Hey ppls

With the tournie next month for Warmachine/Hordes (Mangled metal/Tooth and Claw format) i've decided to peruse the Battle college's information banks on the different units in both games and i'm curious about the Menite warcaster High executioner Servath Reznik.
Battle college say on the topic of his ability- Excruciator
"Excruciator - Once per turn you can turn an enemy into a focusless Wrack. Ouch. Great for that extra spot of focus you'll want next turn, though. Remember to use the ability to place the wrack within 3" of the destroyed model for best effect. On another note: nothing beats wracking your enemy's warcaster! : )"

This is rather vague and he's not in the prime remix rule book. Does Excruciator instantly affect a model (instant killing casters and multi-wound models) or does he have to kill them to use this ability? Does it work on living and undead models, does it work on large base creatures?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neal Orange peel
Purveyor off all things blue

Number of posts : 249
Creature: : centaur
Army 40K: : dark eldar + imperial guard
Army Fantasy: : vampire counts
D&D character: : Barbarian - REGDAR
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Menoth
Registration date : 2008-03-13

PostSubject: Re: WM- Executioner Reznik's Excruciator ability   6/9/2009, 7:11 pm

Someone has been doing their research Very Happy . Reznik is awesomsauce! I think he will be my next caster! esp after reading that.

Excruciator works as soon as a model is destroyed by Reznik. That much I am sure about. I think, excruciator works when Reaznik destroys a living enemy model. That is the usual PP punchline. I am not too sure about if this maybe beast or other large based gribblies.

Hopefully Alex will have a read of this.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sath
Command Sergeant Major

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: WM- Executioner Reznik's Excruciator ability   7/9/2009, 6:59 am

Neal Orange peel wrote:
Reznik is awesomsauce!

Horrifically his feat speaks for itself; kills all focus and fury in his command radius and has something about setting things on fire within his control area if they(they've?) cast a spell (before or after this though?) and preventing upkeep spells
He'sh scary affraid

Least its not hard to guess there's going to be jack/beast oriented casters there, though it makes sense so
But Battle college also tout Reznik as a sort of jack buddy affraid

Last edited by sath on 7/9/2009, 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Got something the wrong way round)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexsmith
Supreme Kommandant

Male
Number of posts : 113
Creature: : Teh Official Noob Pwnr
Army 40K: : Oh so gay but either Eldar or Tau
Army Fantasy: : Too many to list
D&D character: : Hiro something or other
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Khador/Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: WM- Executioner Reznik's Excruciator ability   7/9/2009, 8:46 am

Neal is correct in his summation of what Excruciator does.

Most games you won't actually get to "wrack" a caster as if there is oneon the board it will normally end the game. However at 750 pts with two casters.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

On the whole though Reznik is a bit of a monster with jacks. Although he doesn't have tons of focus he has a few good spells that affect models in his battlegroup, ie his jacks.

Definatly one for Neal to get and one to look out for in Manchester.

For your Cryx however I would recomend taking a look at Mortenebra out of legends.

I will bring legends down on Tueday so you can take a closer look at both of them.

Also if you fancy a game of wm on Tuesday reply bring your cryx and get ready for a beating!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v300/alexsmith175/
sath
Command Sergeant Major

Male
Legion of Everblight

PostSubject: Re: WM- Executioner Reznik's Excruciator ability   7/9/2009, 9:11 am

I did glance over Mortenbra some time ago but didn't get a really good look at her spells, i caught the parts about terminal velocity though, and her soul token collecting which is largely irrelevant in MM games, and her spider feet making her a meal to assemble, considering the Seether gave me a lot of jip assembling the itty bitty spikes on the armoured hood on its back i think Mortenbra would push me over the edge What a Face

I'd probably use Tom's Legion a bit and decide whether i want to take Cryx or Legion next month since i looked and there's quite a list of effects that can make shredders stupidly powerful relative to their 23 point cost (annnd then eating themselves afterwards, silly little beasts!)

I can't lose forever to Khador! But it depends if i can get my mum to take me since my Step-dad can't stand being wrong (and if i'm doing the D&D thing if whats-his-name is in this week) (and step-dad also likes to argue over small things) so in an attempt to make himself right and me wrong he refuses to bring me to the club Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WM- Executioner Reznik's Excruciator ability   

Back to top Go down

WM- Executioner Reznik's Excruciator ability
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1