Winsford Wargaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winsford Wargaming

The Winsford Wargaming Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tom's Horde

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Number of posts : 140
Race: : Human
Creature: : TF2 Medic
Army 40K: : Chaos Daemons
Army Fantasy: : Dark elves
D&D character: : Sathoon- Human cleric of St. Cuthbert
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Cryx
Legion of Everblight
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Tom's Horde Empty
PostSubject: Tom's Horde   Tom's Horde Empty3/9/2009, 5:46 am

Yup, imma planning on getting his unwanted Legion of Everblight. yes their rules are broken on so many levels but the beasts look cool and hit hard- perfick Smile , and the shredder's similarity to squigs is endearing.
Course, i'm not really supposed to be spending mah money just now, depending on how much he values the battlebox, i may have to resort to drastic measures and see my Cryx battlebox go up here for sale- which is bit of a shame because i wouldn't mind working on my strategy/tactics with them, and Everblight owe its existence to the Cryx leader the dragon Toruk so the lore is related too.
On a similarly related note; go go powa Saeryn! What a Face
Warmachine
Got the Cryx battlebox for something like £25-29 which has got 2 Deathrippers and a defiler (arc nodes on legs- always nice) for bonejacks, a nice Slayer helljack and Warwitch Deneghra- who for a battlebox warcaster really does pack a punch with her spells and feat which can really cripple an enemy unit before you pancake it with say, the slayer's combo attack, also she's stealthed and can't be targeted by free strikes, and no back strike bonuses against her either.
so i'll settle for £20

Also got a Seether which i'm yet to use in a real battle, think got him for £18
soooo £15 will do

Oh and Blackbane's ghost raiders- who aren't that tough def, arm wise but being incorporeal- magic, animi, spells and feats are apparently the only things that can damage them- incorporeal's got a lot of text to it. But can swell the unit's ranks by using blackbane's order and charges a living unit and kills some models, oh and their habit of setting living things on fire that were 1" away from the pirate that just died, then again whats the odds of a creature that can harm something with incorporeal being within 1" of them hmm? I must be reading the rules for incorporeal wrong or something.
Privateer's site puts Blackbane's unit at $30 which is the same as the Seether was so i'll bunk for £15
comes with the relevant stats cards obviously. All in all saving about £12 assuming the box was £25 when i got it, more naturally if it was actually £29 when i bought it at the gameshow a month or 2 back.

I'd rather not see the battlebox go, but if push comes to shove but i'm less attached to the ghost raiders and the seether
None of them are painted ofc

On a final note: the Retribution, especially their warjacks:
ipod inspired! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Neal Orange peel
Purveyor off all things blue
Neal Orange peel

Number of posts : 249
Creature: : centaur
Army 40K: : dark eldar + imperial guard
Army Fantasy: : vampire counts
D&D character: : Barbarian - REGDAR
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Menoth
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Tom's Horde Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom's Horde   Tom's Horde Empty3/9/2009, 7:45 am

apple retribution! thought I saw a logo on there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Incredible Tom!!
Staff Sergeant
The Incredible Tom!!

Male
Number of posts : 51
Race: : Blighted Mongaloid
Creature: : Carnivean
Army 40K: : Necrons/BlackTemplars/Daemonhunters
Army Fantasy: : Lizardmen/Dark elves
D&D character: : Thormor Gotwud
Warmachine/Hordes Army : LEGION OF EVERBLIGHT CRYX and RETRIBUTION!!!
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Tom's Horde Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom's Horde   Tom's Horde Empty29/11/2009, 5:57 pm

Hey hey sorry i haven't posted in awhile been caught up in the whole uni thing!
I most definitely am selling my everblight as im getting some retribution and therefore need the funds from the everblight. I am back in sunnier than wales england on the 19th or that weekend, therefore the 22nd of december is when ill be at the club, i totaled the price of my everblight up and it came to 98squid so im going to half it and round up to 50. most is painted bar lylth some blighted archers 3/4 squigs, and the nephlin is halve done.

Heres wat i have *ahem*

1 Battle box (lylth caster 4 shredders light warbeast 1 carnivean heavy warbeast)
1 Nephlin light warbeast
8 blighted archers unit
2 blighted archer upgrade (deacon and ammo porter)
3 Warmongers unit
1 Warmonger warchief solo
1 Thagrosh caster
and a partridge in a pear tree
Back to top Go down
sath
Command Sergeant Major
sath

Male
Number of posts : 140
Creature: : TF2 Medic
Army 40K: : Chaos Daemons
Army Fantasy: : Dark elves
D&D character: : Sathoon- Human cleric of St. Cuthbert
Warmachine/Hordes Army : Cryx
Legion of Everblight
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Tom's Horde Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom's Horde   Tom's Horde Empty30/11/2009, 5:04 am

The Incredible Tom!! wrote:
Hey hey sorry i haven't posted in awhile been caught up in the whole uni thing!

Yess we never met about your Hordes, hunfortunately not only do i not have £50 to spare, i'm also fully commited to Cryx now Basketball
Yes your Carnivean is a pretty birdy but i gotta turn the big lug down Sad
Santa's bringing more Cryx to add to my fast growing army cheers
I'm not sure when but i know there's a date where the club will not be open, i think Andy has the dates i think, i reckon it'll be after christmas day/boxing day though

I look forward to (trying to) roll over the Apple ipod Retribution warjacks (ipodydons?)

Fyi, trying to post through a proxy is surprisingly difficult: not only am i having to use an insecure Internet Exploder 6 since i can't post in Firefox via the proxy i'm having to use to see the forum here through affraid

scratch that, Firefox works just as good as Exploder 6

btw, Hi Tom afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tom's Horde Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tom's Horde   Tom's Horde Empty

Back to top Go down

Tom's Horde
Page 1 of 1